Re: EOF and d bi

Hi, Carlo. "Gerbil Fair"? LOL. Word really *is* the revenge
of I.S. departments on hapless civilians. ... About lurchy
..... uh, as a unique app, doesn't xyW demand unique
terminology?

I don't want to belabor this stuff forever, but: I'd
forgotten you have xyW4. Yes indeed you could have zapped
your midfile EOF simply by loading xyW4, setting d 1A=1
(p15, Customization Guide), opening, and saving your
bibliography--no FIZFIX1A, no other app, no U2 needed. As
I recall, the default replacement ("neutralizing") char is 1.
But with the default left at 1, code in some files--all
files if you turn on Document Info--beyond the xyW EOF
that *should* be hidden becomes text.

How your file acquired that EOF baffles me. The only way
I've ever inadvertently got a 1Ah into the middle of a file
that had never been anywhere but xyW was when fooling around
with func S1. You been doing that? ...

When xyW4 code is present, don't expect much of d bi=1 in
xyW3. It's not just additive mode code--style sheet code,
e.g., also defies d bi=1. But d bi=1 (unlike es 1) is always
safe; my d bi= has been 1 ever since Tim (bless you!) told
us about it. es 1 (no d or =) turns off error msgs, even
for xyW4 code in xyW3, but should be set only momentarily as
needed, with care and awareness. You don't know how much you
rely on those "not founds" and "dones" till you've told xyW
to shut up. A plain es command (no 0 needed--thanks again,
Tim) brings them back.

(If I'm covering ground someone else has today, sorry--
I subscribe to the digest and won't know till midnight what's
been posted today). ... Ciao. 				--a

	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: