Re: Printing XyWrite

At 05:45 PM 8/27/06, you wrote:
** Reply to message from "John M. R. Bruner" on Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:04:13 -0400 John: Go here: http://www.holmgren.org/Xy/Search This is where the archives of this maillist are located. Search for "printer USB" or something like that (add "xy3" maybe -- but the main discussion concerned xy4, and to get the conceptual nuts and bolts under your belt, which apply equally to Xy3 and Xy4, you don't want to search too narrowly at first). You'll find hundreds of msgs (literally) about this issue. It is complicated to think through and present a written answer (the solution to your problem), requires a lot of explanation, but is eminently do-able, even with Xy3+. And lucky for you, we've thought it through and described it several times. So get up to speed with the archives, then get back to us if things still aren't clear. I know I wrote several freestanding programs (and at least one Postscript PRN) to handle this in Xy3. Good luck. ----------------------------- Robert Holmgren holmgren@xxxxxxxx -----------------------------
Thanks. A challenge. But authoritative. Help is acknowledged with appreciation. Jack