Re: Windows registry recovery

Harry,
≪What's wrong with what Xy does--an ini.file in its own directory?≫ Nothing whatever. Xy is bullet-proof; I've not crashed it, ever. Not even opening multiple iterations causes it to corrupt data or its own .kbd, .prn, and other support files. If only other apps were as robust as Xy, there would be no need to clean up their messes later or devise complicated mechanisms to limit the damage when they crash and take down .dll files, apparently unrelated drivers, and who knows what else.
I suppose one of the reasons it is so easy on the Mac is that the Mac
OS was designed to run on the Mac hardware, hence no need for separate
drivers; whereas Windows was designed to run on unknown or generic
hardware, hence the need for drivers to 'interpret' the signals for
each specific configuration (Toshiba, Dell, Compaq, HP, etc. etc.). For
this reason, I have held off buying the new Intel-based Mac for my
wife; I want to let somebody else beta-test them and work the bugs out
of the first generation before I consider buying a second or third
generation Intel-Mac.