RE: Saving PDF File With Xywrite

>You can't edit them with XyWrite. Period. You need a byte editor.
>Therefore this is not the place to discuss it.

If you really mean, "discuss it further", you'd be right. But I don't believe I could have
asked my original question anywhere else.
Still, I was just idly curious. I was pretty sure that nobody was going to tell me something that
would allow me to edit PDFs with Xywrite.

>But to be pointful, if you are simply patching byte for byte, use DEBUG
>If you are enlarging or contracting the file, but replacing fixed text at a known file location, it is extremely easy to do that if you have the right tool.
>Are the edits you're making always the same, or are they different for each file? Be specific.

I'm making edits in three places in all the files. One is exactly the same each time; adding color
and bold to an unchanging bookmark title. The other two are also bookmarks (one is being changed to
bold, the other just gets color), but they change according to car manufacturer. At the moment I'm
simply using Textpad keystroke macros. This works well enough, though I have to redo the
manufacturer ones each time the name changes (no ability to FIND with wildcards...that's where Xy
would have been useful). I'm so spoiled by Xywrite that I get a bit annoyed anytime I have to
actually do any drudgery without it.

>Robert Holmgren

Brian H.