script for USB printers

In May, Robert replied to Elizabeth Van Ness about configuring XP so that
Xy3+ would print to her USB printer. I've just tried the basic instructions
using W2K and an HP1320 and it worked like a charm. (Though there is a delay
in printing the first page which I don't get using LPT1 and a cable. But,
hey, I can deal. It's great not to be tied to the cable and to printers
with parallel ports)  So. Another reason to offer thanks to Robert for all
his good work.

One question. At the end of his May 12 post, Robert writes:

you want to make this arrangement permanent by running a startup script each
time you fire up your computer. There are several ways to do that...
Later...

I'd love to know more about writing the startup script. Could "Later..." be
soon?

Thanks,
Philip