Re: Screwy Fonts

>This has been a bad fonts week for XyWin and me. First I installed XyWrite
>for Windows onto my new OS/2 system at home and promptly ran into a problem

My solution may not have much appeal, but I'd reccomend that you scrap the
XyW for Windows, and go back to a DOS version under a VDM in OS/2. That's
what I decided to do, since the Windows version eliminated all the "alt-"
key assignments that I had been so used to using under DOS, and because of
the much slower operation of XyW under Windows.

The appeal of a GUI word processor seems to hinge on its WYSIWYG
capabilities, but these are _usually_ not needed until the final draft. So
now I use XyWrite III+ in a dos "window" (VDM) in OS/2 Warp for my real
writing work, then switch to a native OS/2 word processor (Describe) and
import the file using Describe's filters. (They actually seem to work
fairly well!). Once the file has been imported, I can use Describe's
WYSIWYG functions to do fine formatting, if needed.

Since Describve is available for less than $50 these days, it's a very
workable solution for me.

_Peter

Peter Feldmann		*	IC Consultants
P.O. Box 902		*	Santa Barbara CA 93102