Printer problems

Leslie,

> When I had wrongly typed in LPTI (=EYE), it HAD copied the file I
> was trying to print, but in any case, that file still would not print out

I'm not qualified to answer about your printer problems; anyway, when you
typed "COPY A:\filename LPTI" you didn't type to printer, you just copied
the file to a new one, named "LPTI".
"COPY" is a DOS command that copies a (source)file to another file (the
destination file); when the the destination name is "LPT1", the command
copies the sourcefile to the printer connected to the parallel port (which
DOS name is "LPT1").
Unfortunately, this clarification does not solve your problem.

Adriano Ortile