VB/Win8

Jon's message reminded me to mention something I have found.
One huge problem with many new laptops is that in addition to not having numlock keys (and therefore no internal keypad; making shortcuts impossible, for example, in InDesign), many do not have page down/end, etc. They only have 4 arrow keys and FN-arrow key gives you pg-dn, etc. BUT, Fn+CTRL+arrow doesn't work.
That means remapping in XyWrite. I write this to note that whilst
mapping TP (top of file) and BF (bottom of file) to Ctrl-Up Arrow and
Ctrl-Down Arrow, I noticed that I was getting some garbage characters
in Xy/VBox/Win8.1/XP.

The simple cure is to insert NI, before TF in the keyboard file.

It is amazing how limitless are XyWrite's talents!
I imagine there must be some keyboard remapping utilities that would be a help with these really annoying (often high end!) laptops that don't, for reasons of style (I presume) any longer have anything to do with numeric keypad assignments or even the basic complement of cursor keys we have every right to expect. Harrumph!