Re: dumb Tame question

The full URL is http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/mode.mspx ...but follows an excerpt with the syntax. The site does not say this, but there's a post in XySearch that advises that the change STICKS until you change it again. Simply put, go to a CMD [DOS] prompt and issue: *mode con: rate=[R] delay=[D]* where R is any number up to 31 and D is either 1,2,3, or 4 as explained below. (Some on the list use 0 [zero] instead of 1. Don't know why. My settings is mode con: rate=18 delay=1. That should slow the curor down and eliminte the ghosting you are seeing. Let us know, please. ================================================= rate=r : Specifies the rate at which a character is repeated on the screen when you hold down a key. delay=d : Specifies the amount of time that must elapse, after you press and hold down a key, before the character output starts to repeat. Remarks ? The typematic rate is the rate at which a character repeats when you hold down the key for that character. The typematic rate has two components, the rate and the delay. Some keyboards do not recognize this command. ? Using rate=r Valid values are in the range 1 through 32. These values are equal to approximately 2 to 30 characters per second, respectively. The default value is 20 for IBM AT-compatible keyboards, and 21 for IBM PS/2-compatible keyboards. If you set the rate, you must also set the delay. ? Using delay=d Valid values for d are 1, 2, 3, and 4 (representing 0.25, 0.50, 0.75, and 1 second, respectively). The default value is 2. If you set the delay, you must also set the rate. ================== Michael Norman