.PIF shortcut to VDOSXY?

I made a PIF shortcut to C:\vdos.exe launching XY4, in hopes that I could play with the font and window size.

The PIF shortcut is to a file called XY.BAT that simply reads c:\vdos\vdos.exe, which opens XY4.

Unlike the .lnk shortcut to vdos.exe, it also leaves a VDOS window onscreen.

In the PIF shortcut, I changed the font and layout,  but VDOS still opens the same XY4 window regardless. Are the controls for font, window size, etc., in VDOS somewhere? Autoexec.txt?

Jon Pareles