Re: Fire in SD

Hi Brian,

I've got relatives and people I know in various parts
of town there. The early news is too incomplete for
me to be sure, but I think (hope !) they may have
dodged a bullet.

> Today's the first I've been back to work since this
> started, due to our
> building being within spitting distance of the main
> inferno (if you've
> heard the name Poway mentioned, that's where I'm
> at).

Yes but parts of that -- and nearby R.B. -- got hit
pretty bad. The "1% containment" being reported on
that particular fire did not sound terribly
reassuring.

> I thought coming
> back today was a bit premature since there were
> still plenty of flames
> to be seen this morning (before daylight).

Does that mean electricity is back on in this area ?

 Jordan

Well, they just announced they're allowing people back into the evacuated area of Poway. Nobody's
saying anything about power, but
my workplace never lost electricity.

I can't keep track of what's going on anymore. There's been so much happening my brain's fried (pun
intended) by information
overload. Things are definitely better (the wind is dying down), but I'm looking at live video of
lot's of big flames in areas
containing homes. Some of the problem now is with the shift in the wind, it's become chaotic - they
can't tell which ways the wind's
going to go. Before, it was a mad rush west...now it's who-knows-what.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.