Re: Firefox add-on deprecation plan + Window 10

I am generally familiar with FF settings changes made via about:config, having done a few of them in recent years. It turns out that this setting was *already* set to "false", which must be why there were only warnings here, and not extension disablement.  I would hope to be ready with a 'Plan B', as soon as that situation changes.

   Jordan

From: Neville
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2015 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox add-on deprecation plan + Window 10

Non XyWrite but we all run a browser or two.

In addition to Kari's recent post

I run Mozilla "Nightly" which is updated everyday
https://nightly.mozilla.org/   it's currently Version 43.0a1 (2015-08-22)

Recently the new signed addons "feature" was introduced which disabled all unsigned addons not downloaded direct from Mozilla

Very soon all Firefox users will face their addons being blocked from running unless signed directly from Mozilla

To fix this

In about:config     search for "signatures" and make it FALSE  (double click "true")  All your addons will happily return (for now)

xpinstall.signatures.required;false   was true  on 2015 Aug 12