Re: OT: Re: TAME troubles

Yes, I'm sure. And since my uninstall removed the Tame folder, there
would be nothing left to call, anyway. Again, thanks for the
suggestion, though. James

At 01:00 AM 08-09-06, you wrote:
Just to be sure: Are you sure that your AUTOEXEC.NT file has no call to Tame at the bottom? Standardly, that file is in Windows\system32.
--Harry
Yes, I did both those things, to no avail, but thanks for the suggestions just the same. Still working on this problem. It affects every NTVDM screen including the opening Windows splash screen (well, I guess that must be an NTVDM screen, since it's affected!) and the message when the system is being restored from hibernation. I'm beginning to think whatever it is isn't labeled "TAME," since I can't find it that way. Thanks to all who've sent advice and encouragement.

James