Re: Is Xy 4 now freeware?/my advice abandonware

In the late '80s and into the '90s XyWrite was the standard in the newspaper industry, used by literally every major newspaper, including the NYT and WSJ. I think some company modified it into "c-text".

I was introduced to Xy in 1987 by a friend who worked for The Atlanta Journal Constitution, where they all used it.