Re: The Y2K problem

On Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:31:49 -0600, Richard Giering wrote:

>It is my understanding that any Y2K problem that
>XYW or XW faces is NOT a problem for the word
>processor BUT is a BIOS problem. Both ACER and
>AMI weh sites hav BIOS upgrades available that
>addresses the problem.
> Am I wrong and is TTG on the hook or is it a
>BIOS problem?
>Dick Giering (dick.giering@xxxxxxxx)

Yes, no, and no. It is potentially a BIOS problem, but not just a BIOS
problem, it's potentially an OS problem and an application problem. To
the best of my knowledge, MS won't warrant Windows3.1 as Y2k, period.
I believe they say they're pretty sure that W95 is okay but the only
one they're willing to guarantee is W98 (I don't know about the NT
versions).

OS/2 version 3 after fixpack 26 (I think) is supposed to be Y2k, and I
think version 4 from the start, but I'm not certain.

Rafe T.