Windows 2000 question

In an effort to continue to use XyWrite with a Window 98-equipped machine on its death bed and not have to deal with the problems apparently inherent with XP, I recently bought a computer running Windows 2000.  I transferred all the setting to the new computer, but it is much slower loading, calling directories and making editing changes, etc. Does anybody have any suggestions to get XyWrite up to speed on Windows 2000?

Bob Ashley
Indianapolis