Re Leaving

Carl wrote ≪it will --eventually, if thus_and_so is reasonably well
formulated -- take you to the
keyword/framename/command you need.≫

True enough. What I was thinking of is this: if you never even thought
something was possible, you wouldn't think to look. And even if you think
it might be possible, you often don't know what to look under. (This is a
big problem in the art and science of indexing: is J. Random Reader going
to look under England, United Kingdom, or Great Britain? Is Susie Cooke
going to look under butter, margarine, oil, or shortening?) But Robert's
challenge is absolutely fair, and I will see what I can do. But probably
not this week: The EFA Board meets tonight, and the next issue of Copy
Editor (in, ugh, Weird) just landed in my in-box, to be dealt with
ASAP.

Patricia