Re: Re Leaving

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Wed, 4
Feb 2004 11:28:09 -0500

> What I was thinking of is this: if you never even thought
> something was possible, you wouldn't think to look. And even if
> you think it might be possible, you often don't know what to
> look under.

Oh. Sort of like the British sitcom "Yes, Minister" (paraphrasing):

Minister: Bernard, there's something I don't know. What is it?

Bernard: What is what, Minister?

Minister: What is it that I don't know? If I knew what it is I
don't know, I could tell you, but I don't know. That's why I'm
asking you.

Bernard: Let me see if I understand. There's something that you
know I know but you know you don't know, but since you don't know
what I know, you're asking me to tell you what it is you don't know.
Now I know what I know but I don't know what you don't know, so I
can't tell you what it is you don't know because I don't know what
you know and what you don't know. If you could tell me what it is
you don't know, I could tell you if it's something I know that you
don't know or something I know I don't know -- but you won't, so I
can't! Please tell me, Minister: What is it that you don't know?

Minister: I DON'T KNOW!

So, of course, we can rewrite all of the Help screens. Just tell us
what you think might be possible that you often don't know what to
look under....

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx