Re: Atex and XyWrite; FAQ

Back around 1986 or 87, I think, I did some work for a computer magazine
(I think the title was Personal Computing) that had its offices
right in my small NJ town. They used XyWrite but let me use--don't
laugh--the Leading Edge Word Processor that had come with my first PC.
But I quickly saw that XyW could run rings around LEWP, and during some
down time I read the manual, and bought myself a copy (version III.
something) for Christmas. Later I discovered that a major client
(Reader's Digest General Books--not the abridged nonsense, but things
like North American Wildlife) was setting type on Atex. But the
hyphenation algorithms on the Atex system weren't half as good as those
on my desktop XyWrite.
I save almost all the postings I get (I get the digest, and if there's a
virus warning, I have to delete the whole digest; a "feature" of Juno
e-mail, which has other features that really are good, and in any event
is NOT Outlook), but then the problem is finding the item one wants. Yes,
one can SE e:\XYINFO\*.* /path/, but one is still likely to get redundant
hits. So a compilation might be a good idea.
Patricia