Lexmark printer

I am the proud owner of a Lexmark Rt+ printer. I'm
delighted with it: it is fast, and can print at 1200
dpi if I ask it to.

I do have a problem, though, and wonder if anyone on the
list can help out. I would like to print pages 5.5 x 8 inches,
and that isn't one of the approved sizes, at least so far as
I can divine. What I would really like would be for the darn
machine to let me print whatever size paper I have inserted in
it, and stop being Mother. It is the first printer I have ever
had that complains about paper size. Usually they assume you
know what you are doing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Smith