Re: Mr. Flashlight

Flash wrote:
Mapped drives are the way to go, or permanent-link icons as you suggest
I definitely map them, but they frequently get unmapped, somehow. I've even
added a pgm to U2 to run NET USE to first delete a mapping then restore it.
And I should make more use of the icons I've added.
--use the following format: \x.x.x.xdirectory where x is the IP adress of the destination station. Alternatively, \BIOSnamedirectory also works.

I don't quite follow that. Where would I use that? I tried at a DOS prompt:
dir \192.168.2.2Jean
which is my wife's IP address over the LAN and she has a directory "Jean" off the root.
Needles to say [sic], it didn't work.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx