Orbis & XyWrite 4 Ver 4015

On Tue, 18 Oct 1994 10:14:36 +0200, INGGSEJ@xxxxxxxx
 wrote:

>To: The Technology Group         Attention: Kevin Duval
>   Technical Support
>
>Thank you for the swift response to my faxed query dated October 10.
>Attached is a XyWrite 4 document with the details of my problems with
>ORBIS and XyWrite 4 Version 4015's hyphenation.

Hi,
I had a similar Orbis problem and would be interested to see if TTG provides an
answer. They were unable to for me. The problem: Orbis installs and works well
with XyWrite (DOS) 4.014. When Ibid arrived and I installed it, the XyWrite was
updated to 4.015 and Orbis ceased to work. When I went back to 4.014 Ibid
failed. In both cases the failure was similar to the one you reported. Since I
use OS/2 I dualbooted back to DOS/DesqView to see if that helped. It didn't.
Same results under vanilla DOS. TTG did send me an updated Orbis, for which I
am grateful, but the problem remained. Since Orbis is more important to me than
Ibid I've stayed with 4.014 and sacrificed Ibid. I now use XyWin regularly and
sincerely hope that when Orbis becomes available for it this sort of problem
will have been eliminated. Orbis is a very useful product.

Cheers,

J.L. Gordon
Head, Dept of Anthropology
University of Western Australia