XYDOS AND XYW

XY->  Kiyoshi Kuromiya, Project Director:

 -> programs. For example, I just purchased Corel Draw and Ventura 5.0. Among
 -> the word processor file formats no longer supported in the new version is
 -> XyWrite (the others are DCA, Multimate, and WordStar). In order to use

Ventura 5 (and I trust you have the F variant) supports Xy 3+, Xy
4 and Xywin. Although the printed documentation (I believe) says
it has dropped Xy, the readme file mentions its access.

What you have to be careful of is that certain upper ANSI
characters can "disappear" in Xywin; 4.12 may have corrected this
(I only checked it and Ventura 5's interrelationship casually
thus far), and since Xywin and Corel use the same file filters,
you could try the more recent Xywin variant.

--Chet

P.S. And even if it weren't supported, the cheat would be to work
as normal in Xywrite but just be sure to convert the file to
Ventura codes and import it as ANSI or ASCII text. For example,
Quark accepts files much better as XTG (ANSI) than
Xy.
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx