off topic: translations wanted

Wolfgang Bechstein wrote:

> "Yo Intl."  wrote:
>
> Tools - User Settings - Keyboard - Windows/Help
> (I'm translating from the Japanese version of Word 98 here, the
> English nomenclature might be slightly different.)
> You can change all key assignments there, including the Ctrl+F6 key
> combination for Next Window.

Hi --

I take it that you -- and apparently also Rene -- are based in Japan. A friend
of mine in his spare time does some multimedia programming. He has mentioned to
me that there is some great stuff on a couple Japanese websites that he would
like to make use of, if only he had some more complete English translations than
what they provide. This covers some pagess on the site, some documentation, and
perhaps a few things inside some of the code (which can be viewed with any Hex
Editor, in much the same way you might look at an error message inside
Editor.Exe). He would also like to alert them (in Japanese, if necessary) to
the fact that they have hardcoded a Japanese codepage into some of their
programs, which creates havoc of the lockup variety over here. The total
quantity of translation is not large, and the timeframe for this is very
relaxed. If this is something either of you might be willing to get involved
in, please get back to me off-list.

Thanx.

Jordan