Re: TAME Pre6

I have just installed Tame pre6 and have found it excellent. I have none of
the problems that Maben reports. That is, I don't get erratic behavior (but
I've only tested a few minutes so far), no 0 anywhere it shouldn't be, I do
see the text-size menu, but to get to it, right click, then choose "Adjust
Text Display." The button indicating what size is chosen is still off
(shows two points too large, I think), but that ctrl+wheel trick eliminates
the need for all this: I just spin the wheel till I get the size I want.
Superscript is definitely raised nicely above the baseline. Unfortunately,
subscript  doesn't go below the baseline.

The menu options (when you left click on the title bar's icon at the left)
have been expanded. I can now set the repeat rateusing a menu which shows 1
to 9. I like 8, vs. the about 2 that I get without Tame.

Installation is a no-brainer, too. I just downloaded the executable from
TAMEDOS.COM and clicked "yes" or "agree" or "next" a few times and it was
done. Total install time, maybe 8 seconds.

For those who have an earlier version of 5.1: to prepare for installing
pre6, in C:\PROGRAM FILES\ I did the following:

1. Made a new folder to receive the superseded version (pre5 in my case)
2. Moved all the contents from \PROGRAM FILES\TAME 5.1\ into that new folder

I didn't mess with any uninstall. Nor did I even delete the (emptied) TAME
5.1 folder. I only did the preceding two steps.

Where to get pre6:
http://tamedos.com/downloads/downloads.htm

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx