Re: redirecting LPT1 to a USB printer

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
I'm sorry, but I really find that hard to believe. First, how old is this box? PCs have had NICs integrated into the mobo for several years now. Second--and those with firsthand experience of broadband correct
me--but I've always heard you HAVE to have a network card (or
circuits) to use broadband. Is there something on the back that looks
like a phone jack but is slightly (very slightly) larger?
The motherboard is a relatively recent Gigabyte board, but with no
integrated network, so far as I can discern. My network adaptors un
cp/system/hardware/devices are PPoEWin Miniport which is the broadband
software and my Speedtouch USB modem.
Under newworks and connections I have a LAN set up but that is the ADSL
USB modem again. And no, there is nothing that looks like a phone jack
but slightly larger, or if there is I've never noticed.

Best wishes

Paul