Re: SAveTo question.

M.W. Poirier wrote:
 The answer to both of your questions us "yes." The
 passage quoted above is from XYWWWEB.REG, except for
 SAveTo.4 and the line above it. SAveTo.4 is taken
 from the SAveTo entry in XYWWWEB.INF, deposited in
 the REG file, and, of course, modified to suit my
 system.
I'm still not clear as to what's going on here. Could you please send the whole stanza from your Xy Registry?
 Really? It's curious how we read things in a manner
 to suit our needs of the moment. I understood that
 the numerics after the initial SAveTo.# were for
 different setups and different uses. If one wanted
 to copy a file from C:\xy4\docs\ directory to the
 files subdirectory on H:, then one would invoke
 SAveTo.4 by writing that on the command line followed
 by the . Alternatively, one would select,
 say SAveTo.2 for a different purpose. Although, it
 seems to me that a change of drives and directory
 names could make #2 and #4 the same. But maybe I am
 wrong.
 Maybe I should ask this question: What do you write
 on the command line to execute the sort of save that
 I am trying to achieve? I am assuming that what one
 writes is "saveto.4" followed by the  on the
 assumption that it will trigger the line in the REG
 file? And it is than that I get the message "appli-
 cation error ......
Well, the Usage section of the help section of
XyWWWEb.inf says
CMline:  SAVETO
No number given. So I get the impression (and I have to say I've never USED this particular routine, and I probably shouldn't be commenting, but no one else is) that you DON'T key the number; the routine will automatically save the file to all the locations (if they exist and are active) in your Registry entry. Let me refine my own registry to reflect my setup and test it.
Just did, and that appears to be it. My Registry entry
now has just 2 entries, the first and a second that
uses H:\ in BOTH the "exist" segment and the final Save
command. And when I type SaveTo the file is
immediately (I checked the time on its proper location)
saved to its current location and to the root of the
USB drive (H:\). The problem is that one has to know
beforehand where one is going to want additional copies
saved, and I don't have a consistent pattern for that.
But if you do, this is another enormously useful tool.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx