Re: upgrade?

To fill in a gap (I think) in the replies to this question, if a 486/33 has
enough RAM to run Windows happily, it will run XyWin happily. XyWin is a
fast program as Windows programs go; but if you have less than 4MB RAM,
then forget it.

And another: if you buy Xy4 (DOS or Win) but have no particular use for it
other than the ability to produce files readable by MS Word, then you're
paying an awful lot of dosh for a file converter. Maybe if you asked the
Technology Group very nicely for the two EXE files necessary for file
conversion, you might get them free. On the other hand, your purchase of
Xy4 (DOS or Win) *might* get you an extra discount if Xy5 (aka Smart Words)
ever materializes.

If you ever get Quick Views Plus, think very hard before accepting its
offer to work as a plug-in for Netscape (or, I suppose MSIE). I thought,
"ooh, that sounds nice", and took up the offer--whereupon the saving of
.ZIP files became a real bitch (pardon my Telugu)--and the only way I could
see to "unplug" it was to reinstall Netscape.
Peter Evans