Re: XYWRITE digest 2334

At 12:01 AM 8/8/2005, you wrote:
Yeah, that is the real crux of the matter. TTG (The Technology Group, the company that bought it after the IBM fiasco) went out of business, but the owner, a lawyer named Kenneth Frank, is apparently unfindable and unwilling to let go (dog-in-the-manger ware, I call it). Nota Bene has a license, because Xy forms the basic engine of their product. I have suggested before, but have gotten no response, that we approach them about letting people buy copies of Xy from them cheaply (we'd have to have the manuals available as PDFs, something Bry Henderson is working on). The other alternative would be to seek out a programmer in some country where reverse engineering is allowed, and see if he/she/they would be interested in a port to Linux. I still maintain that Xy in Linux native would be "a match made in heaven."
I think the people to actually talk to are Red Hat or some other open
source version of Linux. They might be interested and it would work well.

Bill
Bill Mallon