Re: Renaming utility

>MREN handles these and more
>complicated tasks quite readily, and gives an explicit report on each
>renaming it has done.

I'm not familiar with MREN, but it sounds great. I've also found a
(Windows) freeware BATCH renaming program that is extremely powerful and
very easy to use. I use it frequently for renaming groups of Xy files to
more manageable names and extensions. The program is called Rname-it,
produced by "Kent H." The program supports all the wildcards mentioned in
the MREN description. Other features include: the ability to insert a
text string or counter at any point in the filename and options for said
counters (e.g.: 001, 01, or 1; increment by 1, 2, etc.). It's very easy
to use; also has a good Help system. I got it off of ZDNet. Just go to
this site and search for "Rname-it"

http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/search.html

Timothy Olson
Marketing Services Technical Coordinator
Tyndale House Publishers
(630) 668-8310
(630) 668-8311(FAX)
Timothy_Olson@xxxxxxxx