Re: Logon

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> Still, I dispute that XyWrite's "bugginess" is what keeps this list
> alive; that's just your (perceived) reason for subscribing. The true
> bugs (in Xy4DOS anyway) are few, and almost always easily worked
> around.

Not really to step into this, but I thought to comment that some bugs can be
fairly exotic and complex. A guy on one of the newsgroups -- who happened to be
a programmer, and seemed to know what he was talking about -- told me that with
one rather nasty bug that had been in NetScape for OS/2 for quite some time to
kick in, it took 5 out of 6 particular conditions to be True. Some users might
trip over it regularly, others rarely or not at all. And this made it awfully
hard to confirm or track down.  **** Happens, in software too, I guess.

Jordan