Re: VPT

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:40:18 -0500

> Netscape informs me that I need Netzip 6.0 to enable the download.

I don't know what Netzip is, but I imagine that your browser simply isn't
set to Save ZIP files to disk -- that it doesn't know what to do with them.
Communicator 4.50 is that way (it's crazy -- they must have lost their senses
not to enable this from the get-go, OTOH America OnLine bought them, so
I expect idiocy to be rampant from now on at Netscape).

Anyway, it certainly doesn't need Netzip or anything else to download
Carl's ZIP file (unless you're using some really odd NS variant). Here's what
you do:

Starting at the top NS menu select: "Edit-Preferences-Navigator-Applications"
Click "New Type", then fill in the form:
 Description of type: ZIP Files
 File extension: ZIP
 MIME type: application/zip
 Application to use: For some reason NS doesn't offer a "Save to Disk" option,
  so just enter "SAVE TO DISK" here and finally
  click "OK"
Wend down through the "Edit-Preferences-Navigator-Applications-ZIP"
hierarchy once again and "Edit" your new entry for "ZIP
Files".
 In the "Handled By" box, change the default action, i.e. click the
  "Save to Disk" button
 Click "OK" to return to Communicator

---------
Robert Holmgren