XPL'S subtle feature

from Morris

    I have been away for 4 weeks, living at Cape Town during this time.
It is known alternatively as the Cape of Storms or as Sir Francis Drake put
it "the fairest cape in all the circumference of the world." On looking at
my e-mail I was shocked to find 400 e-mails waiting for me to peruse, many
from a very active and alive XyWrite fraternity.

  As I am always trying to improve XPL programming skills, I could not
understand the logic in one of Herb Tyson's programs, Capital.pm until after
trying to fathoming it out for days, it struck me that the program can jump
to an Lb statement without an intervening Gl. Why it was difficult for me to
see it at a glance, was the many Gl statements before the first Lb command.

  I have also written a simple program where when compiling a catalog, in
my case it is mostly deals with books, I do not have to use the shift key to
capitalize the first letter of word, but with the added feature of keeping
the buzz words such as "and, on, it , is, if, can, with, or" and other such
prepositions lower case. If anyone is interested, e-mail me and I will send
it.