Re: Off topic new pc

I just bought a laptop; desktop is a year old.  Both from retailers because I wanted to test drive.  Installed XyWin on each, no problems.  If buying in a store rather than online, find an employee who knows something, as I did last week at Circuit City.  He also came to the house to set up router etc., with which I was completely unfamiliar (and I wanted to make sure I could connect by wireless to my non-USB HP LaserJet5L).
    Laptop: Toshiba Satellite M65, 1.7gig pentium processor, 1 gig RAM, 93 gig disk, monitor 17 inches diagonal, decent keyboard.
    Desktop: Sony VGCRA710G, 3.2 gig pentium, 512 RAM, 227 g disk. (Bought this one from an informed guy at BestBuy, which is headquartered here in Minneapolis, but later experience led me to try a different retailer.)
    I use a separate Maxtor drive for backup.
    I have no brand loyalty.  So far, all this stuff works for me.
                Bob White