Re: OT for Eudora users

Update: I found a work-around for finding and replacing the bad hex coding.
So, in the words of Emily Litella, "Never mind."

Kari,

Funny you should mention that. A Eudora user since 1995, I've been trying
out Outlook and Gmail as a replacement. Neither is any good, IMHO. Nor is
Tbird. The only reason for wanting to switch is the bad characters you get
with base64 and utf8. I've had utf8iso for several years, but it is of
*very* limited value. Now for the weirdest part: all today I have been
working on an AutoHotkey script to remove bad characters from mail in
Eudora's In.mbx.

I'm bogged down with replacing a hex string. I think I have to use regex,
but I can't get the Search string right. By all rights, the one I'm
targetting should be: \x88\x8B, but that doesn't seem to work. I don't
know if it's my ignorance of regex or of AutoHotkey syntax that's to blame.
My last attempt was:
\x[8-9,A-f]\x[0-9,A-f] just to get in the ballpark. (yes, I've also tried
\0x..). Can anyone here tell me where I'm going wrong? If not, I'll just
keep trying things.

http://windharp.de/software/utf8iso.htm That has really given Eudora a new lease on life, in my usage.