Lindows PC

Interesting pass along from a friend appended below. I've been only lightly in
touch lately, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

DO NOT underestimate Wal Mart and its effect on the retail market. Any retail
market it enters. This THE 800 lb. gorilla. Anyone know if it does XYWrite?

                     ted stannard

Living a $199 PC

Is Wal-Mart's $199 Lindows PC a real option for everyday users and
uses? ExtremeTech cofounder Bill Machrone has been living with one of
these systems for quite some time and offers a qualified yes. Machrone
even describes the GUI interface as easy to use (a fact that,
apparently, annoys hardcore Linux devotees). If you're considering one
of these bargain-basement PCs for the home or office, this column is a
must-read.

http://eletters1.ziffdavis.com/cgi-bin10/flo?y=eTfP0Cof5B0EvR0thg0AO