Re: Problem moving text: XPL Bigput

Tim Moore wrote:
> ALT-[x]. Less risky: save the defined block to a temporary file
> and delete the block, then merge it at the desired location. Could be
> better if the distances are long.

I use an xpl pgm (called BIGPUT) to do this. It lets you pseudo-define
a block of any size then move, copy, or delete it. Works by saving text
to a temporary file and then merging it. Since NB can't handle big blocks,
BIGPUT (invisibly to the user) breaks up the block into smaller pieces.
On a fast computer all this happens reasonable quickly even for quite
large blocks. I'm pretty sure I posted this pgm to the list in June 1996.
The zip file is only 7 k so will attach it here. Read bigput.doc before
trying to use bigput.
James

James D. Ernest
Ph.D. cand., Boston College; Academic editor, Hendrickson Publ.
S-MAIL: c/o Hendrickson Publishers, 140 Summit Street,
 P. O. Box 3473, Peabody, MA 01961-3473 USA
FAX: 508/573-8243     PHONE: 508/573-2243
E-MAIL: jernest@xxxxxxxx / ernest@xxxxxxxx

[[ BIGPUT.ZIP : 2398 in BIGPUT.ZIP ]]