a problem of my own making

1. I use the EM distro on an M1
2. It reserves a key unto itself, Cmd-Enter, to switch in and out of full screen.
3. I have remapped Cmd so that it encompasses Dos-Cntrl.
4. An intensely useful command in xywrite, search for carriage return character, I have mapped to Cntrl-Enter. I don't know whether this is standard or not. 5. In any event, I can no longer access XyWrite Cntrl-Enter because it has been taken over by EM's cmd-enter key, which, until this issue arose, I was happy to let it do.
6. How do I get out of this? Do I simply find that line in the
keyboard file and map somewhere else? Is that my only choice?