A Critique of Word & Co.

Not to labor the issue, but the latest evidence of Evil Conspiracies
Everywhere (just kidding, but not by much): the latest version of the
free Acrobat Reader requires you to have IE 5.01. Thus, though it claims
to be compatible with Win 98SE, SE comes with I.E. 5.00, so you cannot
install Reader 6 unless you have "upgraded" to the latest Redmond
Rubbish. (And run the risk of exposing your PC to whatever may lurk on
the MS site. First time I ever went there, the next time I tried to use
Netscape, it wouldn't work. Now post hoc, ergo propter hoc is a fallacy,
but it was a mighty odd coincidence. Just because you're paranoid doesn't
mean they're not out to get you.)
Patricia