Re: Windows 10

Dear Kari

Thanks for your reply to my query. I know that windows 7 support ends
soon but that does not much worry me. I used XP well beyond its end of
support date without any problem. I have never been interested in Macs.
 On the other hand I do have a virtual machine running Ubuntu which has
some value but I have too many Windows specific apps to switch. I have
thought of Windows 7 in a virtual machine on Linux but it is just too
cumbersome for my purposes. (I also have an XP virtual machine that
chugs along nicely with apps that will not work on 7.)

I am building, not buying a PC. I will be replacing the motherboard,
processor and memory with faster versions that support SATA3 and USB3.
I built a quiet PC many years ago and simply update components as
necessary. Commercial offerings have never offered what I want.

At the moment Windows 10 does not look very attractive to me so I will
almost certainly continue to use Windows 7. I will also be attempting
the tricky manoeuvre of migrating my existing system to a new
motherboard etc. I am not hopeful but I have plenty of backup options
and if all fails can always revert to the existing system.

Best wishes

Paul