Problems in XyWin

Sir -- There are some problems when I am working with XyWin 4.11.
1. When I try to run the columns-options from the menu (forMat/Columns), I
ALWAYS get an error message, stating cannot create snaking columns in a column
table -- and there NEVER are column tables on screen. From the command line, I
can create snaking columns without any problem.
2. In preferences, I have turned off the option to make *.Bak-files. Still,
XyWin very often does make them anyhow.
3. When I am modifying the special character set (ctrl-A), the set NEVER is
saved, although I check the box making changes permanent.
4. I have the strong impression that XyWrite does not take the changes in
account in hyphenation that I have placed in DICT.HYP.

These problems are not very significant, still I would like to have them fixed.
Thanks,
Martin