Re: Conversion Dilemmas - Report

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 08 Apr 1999 10:04:24 -0400

> I simply do not have the problems (using v. 4.017) with exporting to
> usable RTF that Michael P. K-M has. But then I use the "Save As" menu to
> export directly.

I do too, and it works flawlessly. But is there any other available procedure
under XyWin than "Save As"? I don't think so. No other way to launch it. Whereas
under Xy4-DOS, you can do the W4W filtering direct from the DOS command line (in
addition to "Save As").

> I vaguely remember running into something similar to his problem years
> ago. I think it turned out to be due to a default setting.

My *guesses* are, that either 1) there's something wrong with TEXTOUT.FLT (I had
to edit my copy heavily to get the Hungarian filters to work); 2) conceivably
something to do with XyWin v4.11 instead of v4.12 (that wouldn't affect Xy4-DOS,
because it uses standalone W4W EXEcutables); or 3) errors in the DLG files
that accompanied v4.11.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx