Re: Conversion Dilemmas - Report

Date sent:   	Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:20:22 -0500
From:      	urqurw@xxxxxxxx (Russ W. Urquhart)
To:       	K-Mac@xxxxxxxx
Subject:    	Re: Conversion Dilemmas - Report

> I do converions back and forth from RTF (both in Xy & other formats)
> daily!
>
> If you could send me your Xy file, i'm sure that i could convert it to RTF
> and an RTF that Word will recognize!
>
> Hope i can help!

Thanks. Before we go there, though, can you tell me this: which
version of Xy you're using (to three decimal places), what the file
size and file date of your W4W19T filters are, and what version of
Word you're opening the RTFs in?

I am under the distinct impression that all these details matter--that
some combinations work (leading some folks to have a "What so
hard? I do that all the time" view of the matter), and others just
don't (leading to the sort of frustrations I described earlier). It's that
very unpredictability which I view as a key liability for Xy here in
1999.

Best,

   K-Mac

  ---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
  ---] Author of THE QUIET POOLS and STAR WARS: THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS
  ---] Web Site: http://www.sff.net/people/K-Mac/default.htm
  ---] Newsgroup: sff.people.Kube-McDowell at server NEWS.SFF.NET