Re: HP programmable calculator batteries

Brian,

The link you sent returned an error. I don't know it. I learned the
battery trick from my father, a technical writer at HP in the 70s. Later
he went freelance; he passed his XY3 disks and manuals on to me when he
retired.

Many thanks for digitizing all the manuals. I haven't had a chance to
look at them yet, but will do (to see what I'm missing in XY4). I know
everyone here swears we 'retros' simply _must_ upgrade to XY4. But
shucks, at this point, isn't that like upgrading a '58 Buick Roadmaster
to a '59 Buick Roadmaster? I use XY only for bulk text input. All
formatting and printing is done in PageMaker (pc) or InDesign (Mac). XY3
does everything I need it to, in its box standard version.

Cheers,