Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Clip is crashing on the Unicode translation of characters (even if there are no
characters to translate -- if it is all plain Ascii 32-126 text -- they still
pass through the Unicode filter).  Win9x is just plain creaky in its handling of Unicode. I have very little experience
here.<<
Recall that when I was doing some debugging of my own (now very rare or
almost nonexistent) problems with Win98 and CLip (c. 1/21/06), it was
3-byte chars, in combination with a fair amount of other text, that
triggered the glitch (Clip didn't exactly crash; it--or, more
accurately, Redmond Rubbish--generated an error message and halted
midway through).
---
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx