Re: `power' v wp xyW (long!)

TO: OKAnnie:

I resist the temptation to send all that verbosity back at you,
but I didn't get past the fourth paragraph...

That said, I am a freelance/contract writer since 1985 and _I_
selected XyW (probably 3.56) as my word processor. If a
client/editor had had any say, it would have been WordImperfect
instead.

I "migrated" to XyWrite from Leading Edge Word Processing, which
came with my very first computer. And I picked that computer in
part because LEWP functioned much like the dedicated word
processing system (whose name escapes me) at my last salaried
place of employment.

I tried WordImperfect along the way, thought it was a piece of
crap but learned it anyhow because I had to use it for a while,
while working on-site for a client.

Most writers, who are an independent breed anyhow, know about
XyWrite and will choose it over most others if given the chance.

I don't know an XPL or a REXX from a donut (and, yes, I run
happily under
OS/2 Warp), and most of the recent discussion here strikes me as
akin to the efforts of the militant militia efforts to turn
around the nation to satisfy themselves and their own concepts
of what the Constitution _ought_ to say.

--Marv Katz