Re: PostGhost PRN Files (and how to alter point size in Xy3+)

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:56:11
+0100

> The working combinations are PB82 in
> ansified/standard XyWrite when I use the HP4 Postscript
> PRN and PB=82 + JB=82 in the strange way I have outlined
> in a previous message for Postghost.

Hmmm. My copy of POST-HP4.PRN doesn't have a PC code 82 in it! It skips all
PC codes between 81 and 120.

> Anyhow, don't waste your time.

Well, it's outrageous if A4 doesn't work. Most of the world uses A4. And it
ought to be a simple matter. Fact is, though, I simply don't have time to dig
into it now... I intend to revisit this later, bewcause I'm going to make some
changes to POSTGHST^.PRN. For one thing, I've been swimming against the
current, using the actual font names in the Ghostscript package. I should just
be using the old Adobe names for the "standard 35" fonts. The idea of calling
a font NIMBUS_MONO_L instead of COURIER is just silly, but I never really
thought about it...

Anyway, look, if we can't fix it with a XyWrite command, we'll fix it with a
Postscript command, and that will be the end of it. Late next month.

R.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx