Re: ;U2;

BTW, I tried every Ascii character 32-127 in context of "framename ?x" with U2.
Nada. But by analogy with JM, I figured "?M" was the one! I mean, I don't
really care, but "JM (2.framename)" is positively TORTURED! Just ridiculous.
If you're gonna use "?2" then fercryinoutloud why not invent a func JU or J2?

 Andrew:

 I too have noticed intermittent problems with HL and U2 concurrently loaded
and (important!) with OO turned "on" (not OX -- if I OX, my problems with HLP
disappear). The XyQuest XY4.HLP file seems very erratic: sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't. OTOH, my own (large, all-XPL) HLP file (also with an
;HL; header) works flawlessly with U2 concurrently loaded, so ... Doubtless
the problem here is that, with the whopping number of new features, they simply
couldn't shake 'em all out. But you gotta admit, XyQuest learned its lesson.
In place of a migration that took weeks & months to master (Xy3+ ==> Sig), we
now have the magic of a change in nomenclature (Sig ==> Xy4) and no migration
at all. It's miraculous -- *and* it's painless! Moreover, if you order before
April 1st...

 Maybe the old marketeers weren't so bad. At least there wasn't much BS.
They'd wait a year, then go from v3.55 to v3.56. In Xy4, we get numerous small
but much-appreciated bug fixes, a few nice new main features, rejuvenated
speed, a sense that they're paying more attention to what users think -- but a
disconcerting amount of smoke, mirrors, & window dressing (which is the not the
coders' fault). In short, a routine upgrade -- about what you'd expect after a
years' time. Sig steppin out, with a new wig and a couple new outfits. Hey,
I'm not complaining. It's OK! Well worth getting. But, fact is, we'd
automatically get this (or any) new version anyway, right? (What I'm probably
overlooking is that the direct migration path from 3+ to 4 may now be far
easier than from 3+ to Sig.)

 Anyway, to avoid silly errors like a HLP file that doesn't work, that
obviously was never tested in real world use (how is this possible??) and to
deal realistically with fact that staff is small and progress is incremental, I
suggest

 open Betas
 buy at least one 9600 baud modem
 post provisional "officially unsupported" EDITORs and other files
  on the BBS as available
 get users involved in development!

 BTW, does the Ctrl-PgDn "lookup" feature of your Microlytics Thesaurus work?
Mine seems to be broken (nothing happens).