Windows Printer setup in XyWin

I have been testing XyWin on the three XP boxes I have to hand
(on all of which, I might add, it loads and runs; AMD CPUs all of
them, but I think somebody else had an AMD and it wouldn't run?)
Anyway, I had been trying to figure out how to make it recognize
the Windows printer driver when I either moved an istallation
from one PC to another or installed a new printer (since all I
use it for is a glorified printing engine), and finally figured
it out:

Call the file Xwuif.uif in the XyWin directory. Find where it says
device=
followed by the name of whatever Windows printer it was using on the PC you copied the setup from or the printer you used to use.
Delete everything after the equals sign to the end of the line.
Close and restart XyWin. It will automatically find the Windows printer and recognize it.
If this has already been discovered and announced, I apologize,
but I hadn't found anything about it.
A possible hint as to why it doesn't run on some systems: I was
looking at the ProcMon logs, and they were way over my head. But
I did notice that before I fixed the printer problem, XyWin would
generate a buffer overrun when it tried to find the printer.
Buffer overruns are used by malware to take over a system, so a
thoroughly patched system (which mine aren't, since I'm unwilling
to tie up my phone lines for the hours it would take; and for
other reasons) might well trap such an event.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx