something bad and weird was happening. Anyway, that is fixed now.
From: Patricia M Godfrey

Does this happen (as it would seem it does from your remark about
pressing the print icon) in other Windows apps? or only in XyWin? If in
other Win apps (or if you don't print from other Win apps, so you don't
know) first let's see what Windows thinks. I assume this is 9x not XP?
(Because if it's XP someone else will have to pick up the slack; I don't
even have access to an XP box, so I don't know where things are kept).
Click Start->Settings->Printers. Is your printer listed? IF not, it's
somehow gotten uninstalled. What kind is it? I need to know, because some
printers can be added using the Add Printer routine, but some, notably
HPs, need to run an .EXE file on their installation disk. (Which I
devoutly hope you have.)

Patricia M. Godfrey